Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Kulanu, Kulanu: All of Us (A Pesach Poem)

Act 1:

Ate down our chametz well

One challah roll left in our freezer

Saving it for hamotzi 

Shabbos Erev Pesach

Need two more

Been worrying for days

What to do

Can’t buy a whole package

And have them leftover.


Act 2:

Spicy Peach store

Taped up for Pesach

Can’t find the spices

Find instead my friend Wendy

Who is standing by the spices

I came for Paprika

Buy Cinnamon, too.


Act 3:

Next day a text

From my neighbor friend Debra

Can’t find KLP Cinnamon

She says

Do you happen to have

Why, yes, a large jar

I’m happy to share. 

I’ll put some in a baggie

Wait, do you happen to have

A challah roll or two

In your freezer for me

Two rolls with your name

Are on their way over.


Act 4:

This makes me so happy

I say

She replies, and I quote

We’re in this together.

Let the people emerge from slavery as one!

Amen!


1 comment: